TEAK: New Trends in Silviculture, Commercialization and Wood utilization
This book is by Dr. Luis Ugalde Arias. Topics covered in the book include the status and current trends of natural and planted teak forests, the selection of planting sites, propagation and nursery techniques, silviculture and plantation management, harvesting, wood characteristics and processing, financial issues and environmental impacts.Superior planting stock in the form of genetic clones developed for specific environmental conditions; along with modern management techniques have transformed it into a champion producer of high quality wood with a very bright future. Unfortunately, too many plantations still do not take advantage of these greatly improved opportunities.
Please use the below link, to know more about this book
TEAKNET brings out a quarterly electronic newsletter (TEAKNET Bulletin) through its website. It is intended for circulation among the members of TEAKNET and other stakeholders around the globe. The Bulletin welcomes short articles, research results of non-technical nature etc. from researchers, teak growers and traders for inclusion as news items. To subscribe the online TEAKNET Newsletter, enter your email below.
IUFRO All Division 5 Conference 2017-Vancouver, British Columbia
TEAKNET Directory Online Form
We are updating our TEAKNET Directory of Traders, Planters, Government Officials and Researchers in order to effectively link all the stakeholders across the globe and share information and events related to teak.
Alerts and News
- Myanmar might export timber products to EU
- Sustainable Management and Genetic Conservation of Teak Resources: Project Formulation Workshop: 26-27 May, Bangkok: Participation (on invitation only)
- Clarification on the Myanmar teak export ban
- GI tag for Nilambur Teak: Opportunities and Legal Paths- News report from the National Daily ‘The Hindu’
- Myanmar’s teak export ban could knock the floor out from under the yacht industry—literally
- The biggest teak tree in Asia has been discovered in Kerala, India
- European Union Timber Regulation(EUTR)
- World Teak Conference 2015