Project Formulation Workshop: “Sustainable Management and Genetic Conservation of Planted Teak Resources”, 9-11 May 2015, Guayaquil, Ecuador
The Special Programme for Development of Capacities (SPDC) of International Union of Forest Research organizations (IUFRO) in association with FAO of the United Nations and International Teak Information Network (TEAKNET) based in India jointly organized a Project Formulation Workshop on “Sustainable Management and Genetic Conservation of Planted Teak Resources” during 10-11 May 2015 in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
The major objectives of the workshop were: (a) to support the formation of a professional network of teak researchers from African and Latin American countries, (b) to deliver the data and information needed to formulate a project proposal and (c) to develop a draft project proposal suitable for submission to international donor agencies for funding. The Workshop was moderated by the SPDC Coordinator, Dr. Michael Kleine of IUFRO headquarters, Vienna, Walter Kollert of FAO and Lars Graudal of the University of Copenhagen. A total of 17 invited delegates from 9 African and Latin American countries participated in the workshop.
TEAKNET brings out a quarterly electronic newsletter (TEAKNET Bulletin) through its website. It is intended for circulation among the members of TEAKNET and other stakeholders around the globe. The Bulletin welcomes short articles, research results of non-technical nature etc. from researchers, teak growers and traders for inclusion as news items. To subscribe the online TEAKNET Newsletter, enter your email below.
IUFRO All Division 5 Conference 2017-Vancouver, British Columbia
TEAKNET Directory Online Form
We are updating our TEAKNET Directory of Traders, Planters, Government Officials and Researchers in order to effectively link all the stakeholders across the globe and share information and events related to teak.
Alerts and News
- Myanmar might export timber products to EU
- Sustainable Management and Genetic Conservation of Teak Resources: Project Formulation Workshop: 26-27 May, Bangkok: Participation (on invitation only)
- Clarification on the Myanmar teak export ban
- GI tag for Nilambur Teak: Opportunities and Legal Paths- News report from the National Daily ‘The Hindu’
- Myanmar’s teak export ban could knock the floor out from under the yacht industry—literally
- The biggest teak tree in Asia has been discovered in Kerala, India
- European Union Timber Regulation(EUTR)
- World Teak Conference 2015