Planted Teak: Global Production and Markets, with reference to Solomon Islands
This publication has been done as part of the Pacific Agribusiness Research for Development Initiative (PARDI). Funded by Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR) and managed through the University of Queensland, PARDI seeks to create sustainable livelihood development outcomes for the South Pacific forestry, fisheries and crop-based sectors through research related to improving value chains. The study of teak markets was conducted under the PARDI project entitled ‘Development of a market mechanism for teak and other high-value timber in the Western Province of Solomon Islands’.
The authors of this publication are Stephen Midgley, R.T. Somaiya, P.R. Stevens, Alan Brown, Nguyen Duc Kien and Richard Laity
TEAKNET brings out a quarterly electronic newsletter (TEAKNET Bulletin) through its website. It is intended for circulation among the members of TEAKNET and other stakeholders around the globe. The Bulletin welcomes short articles, research results of non-technical nature etc. from researchers, teak growers and traders for inclusion as news items. To subscribe the online TEAKNET Newsletter, enter your email below.
IUFRO All Division 5 Conference 2017-Vancouver, British Columbia
TEAKNET Directory Online Form
We are updating our TEAKNET Directory of Traders, Planters, Government Officials and Researchers in order to effectively link all the stakeholders across the globe and share information and events related to teak.
Alerts and News
- Myanmar might export timber products to EU
- Sustainable Management and Genetic Conservation of Teak Resources: Project Formulation Workshop: 26-27 May, Bangkok: Participation (on invitation only)
- Clarification on the Myanmar teak export ban
- GI tag for Nilambur Teak: Opportunities and Legal Paths- News report from the National Daily ‘The Hindu’
- Myanmar’s teak export ban could knock the floor out from under the yacht industry—literally
- The biggest teak tree in Asia has been discovered in Kerala, India
- European Union Timber Regulation(EUTR)
- World Teak Conference 2015