Processing and Marketing of Teak Wood Products of Planted Forests
The Proceedings of the Regional Workshop on "Processing and Marketing of Teak Wood Products of Planted Forests" held during 25-28 September 2007 at Kerala Forest Research Institute, Peechi, India.
The proceedings presents some of the very recent scientific information on teak wood production in planted forests, productivity and quality of teak from short rotation plantations, its processing, marketing and the price trends in the global market scenario.
The proceedings consists of a total of 39 papers presented during the Workshop. The papers are organised under 4 different headings such as plenary papers, wood production in planted forests, productivity and quality of planted teak, processing, marketing and price trends.
By Bhat KM; Balasundaran M; Bhat KV; Muralidharan EM and Thulasidas PK (eds.) 2008
Kerala Forest Research Institute, Peechi, India, 336p.
Price: Rs. 700 (in India) ; US $ 50 (overseas) inclusive of postage charges. Place Order through the Librarian , Kerala Forest Research Institute , Peechi- 680 653, Kerala, India. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
TEAKNET brings out a quarterly electronic newsletter (TEAKNET Bulletin) through its website. It is intended for circulation among the members of TEAKNET and other stakeholders around the globe. The Bulletin welcomes short articles, research results of non-technical nature etc. from researchers, teak growers and traders for inclusion as news items. To subscribe the online TEAKNET Newsletter, enter your email below.
IUFRO All Division 5 Conference 2017-Vancouver, British Columbia
TEAKNET Directory Online Form
We are updating our TEAKNET Directory of Traders, Planters, Government Officials and Researchers in order to effectively link all the stakeholders across the globe and share information and events related to teak.
Alerts and News
- Myanmar might export timber products to EU
- Sustainable Management and Genetic Conservation of Teak Resources: Project Formulation Workshop: 26-27 May, Bangkok: Participation (on invitation only)
- Clarification on the Myanmar teak export ban
- GI tag for Nilambur Teak: Opportunities and Legal Paths- News report from the National Daily ‘The Hindu’
- Myanmar’s teak export ban could knock the floor out from under the yacht industry—literally
- The biggest teak tree in Asia has been discovered in Kerala, India
- European Union Timber Regulation(EUTR)
- World Teak Conference 2015