Regional Seminar on "Teak for the Future", Yangon, Myanmar, 29 May- 2 June 1995
This regional seminar on Teak held in Myanmar was the second of this kind organized by FAO, after the first jointly organized by China/ESCAP/FAO in China, March 1991. Seeing the follow-up activities after the first seminar, FAO recognized the need to examine several technical and economic issues in three major subject areas to discuss how to best guarantee the perpetuity of teak: 1) the management of natural teak forests; 2) the management of teak plantations; and 3) the trade and marketing of teak. This book consists of the proceedings of the seminar: record of discussions, thematic papers, country profiles and introduction to TEAKNET (Asia-Pacific Network on Research and Development of Teak).
TEAKNET brings out a quarterly electronic newsletter (TEAKNET Bulletin) through its website. It is intended for circulation among the members of TEAKNET and other stakeholders around the globe. The Bulletin welcomes short articles, research results of non-technical nature etc. from researchers, teak growers and traders for inclusion as news items. To subscribe the online TEAKNET Newsletter, enter your email below.
IUFRO All Division 5 Conference 2017-Vancouver, British Columbia
TEAKNET Directory Online Form
We are updating our TEAKNET Directory of Traders, Planters, Government Officials and Researchers in order to effectively link all the stakeholders across the globe and share information and events related to teak.
Alerts and News
- Myanmar might export timber products to EU
- Sustainable Management and Genetic Conservation of Teak Resources: Project Formulation Workshop: 26-27 May, Bangkok: Participation (on invitation only)
- Clarification on the Myanmar teak export ban
- GI tag for Nilambur Teak: Opportunities and Legal Paths- News report from the National Daily ‘The Hindu’
- Myanmar’s teak export ban could knock the floor out from under the yacht industry—literally
- The biggest teak tree in Asia has been discovered in Kerala, India
- European Union Timber Regulation(EUTR)
- World Teak Conference 2015