Membership of TEAKNET is open to individuals and institutions engaged/ interested in any aspect of teak. Members are entitled to present their requirements with respect to any information they need regarding teak, to the Secretariat. The secretariat maintains a Teak Information Centre wherein available literature on teak is stored. The information requested will be supplied to the extent available. Such information may include not only scientific information but also that of interest to traders like availability and price of teakwood, plantations or products from teakwood. Additionally, it is planned to develop an international database on global teak resources which will be hosted in the website and will also form the basis of many scientific studies later. Members will also be eligible to communicate their felt needs with regard to any issue or problem which TEAKNET could possibly handle.
- Free access to information/ reports/ articles/ directory/ price trends of teak logs in auctions etc. useful to teak growers, traders, researchers and policy makers from TEAKNET website.
- Invitations to periodical national and international meetings/ workshops/ conferences etc. and limited travel support to selected participants.
- Professional assistance in teak related problems such as in the selection of superior planting stock, cultivation, wood quality assessment, addressing pests and diseases etc.
|Type of Membership||Membership Fee (US$)|
Being a Teaknet Member, you will be allotted a Membership number for login to the TEAKNET website.
Become A Member
Download the Application Form to become a member of Teaknet. Membership applications should be sent to the TEAKNET Secretariat by email, fax or mail.
Do you want to have more details? For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kerala Forest Research Institute
Peechi-680653, Kerala, India
Phone: +91-487-2690396/ 2690283
TEAKNET brings out a quarterly electronic newsletter (TEAKNET Bulletin) through its website. It is intended for circulation among the members of TEAKNET and other stakeholders around the globe. The Bulletin welcomes short articles, research results of non-technical nature etc. from researchers, teak growers and traders for inclusion as news items. To subscribe the online TEAKNET Newsletter, enter your email below.
IUFRO All Division 5 Conference 2017-Vancouver, British Columbia
TEAKNET Directory Online Form
We are updating our TEAKNET Directory of Traders, Planters, Government Officials and Researchers in order to effectively link all the stakeholders across the globe and share information and events related to teak.
Alerts and News
- Myanmar might export timber products to EU
- Sustainable Management and Genetic Conservation of Teak Resources: Project Formulation Workshop: 26-27 May, Bangkok: Participation (on invitation only)
- Clarification on the Myanmar teak export ban
- GI tag for Nilambur Teak: Opportunities and Legal Paths- News report from the National Daily ‘The Hindu’
- Myanmar’s teak export ban could knock the floor out from under the yacht industry—literally
- The biggest teak tree in Asia has been discovered in Kerala, India
- European Union Timber Regulation(EUTR)
- World Teak Conference 2015