IUFRO Regional Congress for Asia and Oceania 2016: “Forests for Sustainable Development: The Role of Research”, October 24-27, 2016, Beijing, China
Asia and Oceania encompass only about one-quarter of the world's land area, but provide home to more than one-half of the world's population. Some of the world's richest and many of its poorest countries are located in the region. The 1st IUFRO Regional Congress for Asia and Oceania 2016 aims at reaching a common understanding about the status and trends of forests and the consequent research needs towards sustainable forestry development under such changes. It also aims at generating research synergies for well-informed policy and decision making to meet the forest governance and management demands in the transition period. The title of the conference is Forests for Sustainable Development: The Role of Research. The conference is jointly organsied by IUFRO in association with the Chinese Academy of Forestry.
For details, please log on to www.iufro-ao2016.org
TEAKNET brings out a quarterly electronic newsletter (TEAKNET Bulletin) through its website. It is intended for circulation among the members of TEAKNET and other stakeholders around the globe. The Bulletin welcomes short articles, research results of non-technical nature etc. from researchers, teak growers and traders for inclusion as news items. To subscribe the online TEAKNET Newsletter, enter your email below.
IUFRO All Division 5 Conference 2017-Vancouver, British Columbia
TEAKNET Directory Online Form
We are updating our TEAKNET Directory of Traders, Planters, Government Officials and Researchers in order to effectively link all the stakeholders across the globe and share information and events related to teak.
Alerts and News
- Myanmar might export timber products to EU
- Sustainable Management and Genetic Conservation of Teak Resources: Project Formulation Workshop: 26-27 May, Bangkok: Participation (on invitation only)
- Clarification on the Myanmar teak export ban
- GI tag for Nilambur Teak: Opportunities and Legal Paths- News report from the National Daily ‘The Hindu’
- Myanmar’s teak export ban could knock the floor out from under the yacht industry—literally
- The biggest teak tree in Asia has been discovered in Kerala, India
- European Union Timber Regulation(EUTR)
- World Teak Conference 2015