ITTO Annual Review-World Timber Situation 2012
ITTO has published the Annual Review and Assessment of the World Timber Situation 2012 providing data on production and trade of primary wood products with an emphasis on tropical primary wood products of 75 countries.
The Annual review:
- Summarizes developments in major markets for tropical timber
- Provides an analysis of production, consumption, trade and prices for primary tropical timber products (tropical logs, sawnwood, veneer and plywood)
- Describes trade in secondary processed wood products (SPWPs), with a focus on tropical countries
- Provides information on trends in forest area, forest management and the economies of ITTO member countries.
TEAKNET brings out a quarterly electronic newsletter (TEAKNET Bulletin) through its website. It is intended for circulation among the members of TEAKNET and other stakeholders around the globe. The Bulletin welcomes short articles, research results of non-technical nature etc. from researchers, teak growers and traders for inclusion as news items. To subscribe the online TEAKNET Newsletter, enter your email below.
IUFRO All Division 5 Conference 2017-Vancouver, British Columbia
TEAKNET Directory Online Form
We are updating our TEAKNET Directory of Traders, Planters, Government Officials and Researchers in order to effectively link all the stakeholders across the globe and share information and events related to teak.
Alerts and News
- Myanmar might export timber products to EU
- Sustainable Management and Genetic Conservation of Teak Resources: Project Formulation Workshop: 26-27 May, Bangkok: Participation (on invitation only)
- Clarification on the Myanmar teak export ban
- GI tag for Nilambur Teak: Opportunities and Legal Paths- News report from the National Daily ‘The Hindu’
- Myanmar’s teak export ban could knock the floor out from under the yacht industry—literally
- The biggest teak tree in Asia has been discovered in Kerala, India
- European Union Timber Regulation(EUTR)
- World Teak Conference 2015