19th Commonwealth Forestry Conference, 3 - 7 April 2017, Dehra Dun, India
The 19th Commonwealth Forestry Conference is scheduled to be held at Forest Research Institute, Dehra Dun, India from 3rd to 7th April, 2017. The major theme of the conference will be: “Forests for Prosperity and Posterity”. The ICFRE and FRI will be the focal point of the conference, with support from MOEF & CC, Government of India and Commonwealth Forestry Association. The year 2017 will be a key occasion for forestry professionals, academicians and all those interested in and associated with forestry sector in the Commonwealth; they will gather and share their experiences with a view to learn and develop a vision for the future that will involve inclusive and sustainable growth and development. The commonwealth forestry conferences have been held since 1920, when the first (Empire) Forestry Conference was held in London. Since then, the conferences have been held regularly to discuss various aspects of management of forests and focus the action on the changing priorities of the forestry sector. The conference registration began in March 2016. The Abstract submission deadline is extended to 07 November 2016.
For details please visit http://www.cfc2017.in/
TEAKNET brings out a quarterly electronic newsletter (TEAKNET Bulletin) through its website. It is intended for circulation among the members of TEAKNET and other stakeholders around the globe. The Bulletin welcomes short articles, research results of non-technical nature etc. from researchers, teak growers and traders for inclusion as news items. To subscribe the online TEAKNET Newsletter, enter your email below.
IUFRO All Division 5 Conference 2017-Vancouver, British Columbia
TEAKNET Directory Online Form
We are updating our TEAKNET Directory of Traders, Planters, Government Officials and Researchers in order to effectively link all the stakeholders across the globe and share information and events related to teak.
Alerts and News
- Myanmar might export timber products to EU
- Sustainable Management and Genetic Conservation of Teak Resources: Project Formulation Workshop: 26-27 May, Bangkok: Participation (on invitation only)
- Clarification on the Myanmar teak export ban
- GI tag for Nilambur Teak: Opportunities and Legal Paths- News report from the National Daily ‘The Hindu’
- Myanmar’s teak export ban could knock the floor out from under the yacht industry—literally
- The biggest teak tree in Asia has been discovered in Kerala, India
- European Union Timber Regulation(EUTR)
- World Teak Conference 2015